What is it?
Our Breathing Service is a tool offered to the families of those people with intellectual disabilities located in the County of Osona. We offer the possibility to have a break from the role of caregiver in order to take care of specific and temporary needs, by sheltering them away from their home, providing help on daily care, looking after them while in hospital, supporting them with housework, among others.
The aims of our service are the following:
- Improve the quality of life for families who have a member with intellectual disabilities, offering them the opportunity to rest from their role as caretakers.
- Offer the person with intellectual disabilities new opportunities of interaction, relationships and widening the range of available activities.
- Promote awareness to foster families and support staff towards the intellectual disabled person and his / her environment.
- Maintain or increase the maximum individual autonomy
- Achieve behavioural changes in people who work to improve their quality of life.
- Ease tasks and activities that they cannot carry out by themselves, without interfering with their ability to make decisions.
- Promote the development of healthy habits (diet, hygiene, exercise, etc)
- Ease the reconciliation of work and family life.
- Prevent situations of deterioration and / or reduction in quality of life at home.v