School of special education
The school organization of Estel responds to different needs and traits of the students and is structured in a way which results in an efficient tool to achieve the proposed objectives.
Estel is organized in three stages:
- Infant Education (from 3 to 6 years old).
Basic Learning (from 6 to 16 years old).
Includes the cycles of Primary and Secondary.
- Transition to Adult Life (from 16 to 21 years old).
Organization of the stages and the groups
|3/6 years old||Blue Class||Red Class|
|Primary I 6/9 years old||Yellow Class||Green Class|
|Primary II 9/12 years old||Pink Classe||Orange Class||White Class|
|Secondary 12/16 years old||Secondary A||Secondary B||Secondary C|
|Transition to Adult Life|
|16/21 years old||TAL - A||TAL - B||TAL - C||TAL - D|
Estel bases its curricular proposal according to the ordinary curriculum and does so carrying out modifications and adaptations of it.
The curricular proposal is designed to ease the learning of students and the progress towards their established capacities.
The structure and organization of the curricular project follow the same ones as the ordinary curriculum.
The areas worked are the following:
- Language (oral and written language)
- Physical Education
- Natural and Social
In the stage of Transition to Adult Life, the curricular organization changes and it is based on a more functional proposal. The areas are the following:
- Personal area and self-direction
- Area of communication and relation
- Area of functional academics
- Area of communal functioning
- Area of physical and leisure education
- Area of civic and social knowledge
- Work Area
Organization of the attention
In general an ordered structure is followed in the taking of educative decisions addressed to students. Normally these taking of decisions follow the same order:
Performance of the comprehensive evaluation of the student with the participation of all the professionals involved. In this evaluation decisions are taken about the needs of the student in the different curricular areas and in the diverse dimensions and the curricular, pedagogical helps, of services and of other types which are essential to guarantee the progress of the student.
Elaboration of PEI. It is the complition for a year of the curricular proposal, of services and other types of support which will be given to a student.
Elaboration of educative programmes or unities of programming in order to achieve the established objectives of the PEI of the student.
Elaboration of the behavioural and/ or family plans for those students for whom these areas are areas of necessity or convenient intervention.
- Participation in communal environments. An important part of the students’ attention is their participation in communal activities related to their age and their close environment. Whenever possible, it is suggested that students take part in leisure activities in their village or area, or in communal training activities appropriate to their age.